Wednesday, August 12, 2015

testing...testing...1 2 3

You know there are times in life when you just have to jump in.  Like all the way in.  Face first and just push through to the other side.  As a habitual project starter this is a problem for me.  You see, I find things that pique my interest and give it a try, but often get discouraged halfway through because it doesn't look like the picture in my head.  Or perhaps it's harder than I thought it was going to be. Either way it ends up being pushed aside and lost in my closet of despair...the closet of unfulfilled potential...the closet of unfinished projects.  The husband no longer suggests cleaning that closet as it generally leads to bigger messes and my previously abandoned projects being resurrected and filling up every flat space in our home.  On the plus side, if you happen to be a good friend...chances are, if you are in need of a craft supply, I've got you covered.

Anyway...why are we here today?  The title is cliche and probably a title of many a blogs first posts, but you know, I never claimed to be a trailblazer.  I have started a total of three blogs since 2008...and by start I mean take too much time developing a great title (which really, none of them were...until this one.  This one is goooood.), make a list of things that I think the world would love to hear my opinion on, and then stall out over the design portion. This is because I love to get caught up in the details.  I know that I am not alone in this boat. I've met you in the aisles of JoAnns as we circle past each other five times with our piles of beautiful papers and paints and a wooden crate that we know will just make the best decoupaged bookshelf/stuffed animal zoo/clutter organizer in our kids room and it will definitely, maybe, possibly match.  And in the yarn aisle going back and forth between the baskets of yarn, skeins overflowing in our arms as we feel every. single. one. looking for the right texture and coordinating colors for that pinterest worthy puffy flower afghan.  And don't worry, if crafting isn't your thing...I've run into you in the grocery store and Target too as we look at all these things and try to visualize how it will all just pull together so perfectly.  And suddenly we realize that we have just spent 2 hours looking at paper or yarn or throw pillows or [insert your own distraction].  Those pesky little details are often our worst stumbling blocks.


But today will be different.  I have decided...with a little nudge from God...that now is the time.  As I start out, my intentions are simple, I am merely seeking to be used. I am desiring more.  I have been actively praying and seeking direction in my life and through an undeniable sign (which I will elaborate on later), here I am.  When I told my husband about this he asked me what I was hoping to accomplish with this blog...specifically, how many people being touched would make it worthwhile.  My answer is one.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to be an encouragement to many and inspire others to seek a relationship with our Savior, but ultimately, if my words can help one, then it is enough.  It will be worth the time, the probable tears, and the opening of my heart.   

God has given me a voice and placed words in my heart.  I pray that this site will be used to inspire, encourage, and allow you to be amazed by His hand in it all.  Be blessed today my friends.  
"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers-most of which are never even seen-don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?  What I am trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving.  People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works.  Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions.  Don't worry about missing out.  You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met."     -Matthew 6:30-33 (MSG)*
*I will be quoting scripture throughout my posts and will lean on a variety of versions.  I tend to do most of my study in NIV but often will read the same passage in a few other versions to truly grasp the meaning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment